A Brief History of our Churches
Early in 1863 a missionary from the Monroe Evangelical Church circuit came to Juda looking for some German-speaking families. Four years and three missionaries later they had gathered a group of eight families who held worship meetings in their homes.
On January 31, 1867 this group formally organized and incorporated into a congregation named the Juda Zions Church of the Evangelical Association of North America in the Town of Jefferson, Green County, State of Wisconsin.
The congregation first met in the local Methodist Episcopal Church, but soon needed a building of their own. Land was purchased in May of 1867 and a contract let for a 32x50 frame structure with basement and bell tower.
As the congregation grew the little building became inadequate for the growing congregation and by 1909 money had been raised to build a spacious red brick structure. This served until 1954 when the Sunday School space proved inadequate for the growing youth group and a Lanon-stone structure was erected that had large Sunday School rooms. Reclaimed from the 1909 building were the large stained glass windows, among many other items.